Facebook & Social Media Commenting Guidelines
The purpose of the Adair County R-II School District’s Facebook page is to facilitate another platform for the District to distribute District information to our students, their families, and the community at-large. We encourage your comments; your ideas and concerns are important to ensure that a broad range of community members are active and informed participants in the discussion. The District reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time and expressly reserves the right to remove (or not remove) comments from its page, at the District’s sole discretion.
In addition, we expect that participants will treat each other, as well as our district, our employees, and our students, with respect. Comments may be removed if they fall into the follow categories:
· Vulgar, abusive, or hateful language, personal attacks or derogatory language of any kind, offensive terms or comments that target specific ethnic or racial groups, and/or obscene or sexually explicit language;
· Threats of any kind;
· Promotion of services or products (non-commercial links that are relevant to the blog post or comment are acceptable);
· Comments that are clearly off topic, or spam;
· Comments that make unsupported accusations;
· Comments containing content that may violate federal copyright laws or other intellectual property laws;
· Comments that contain information considered to be “closed records” under the Missouri Sunshine Act (Chapter 610 of the Missouri Revised Statutes); and
· Comments that reference employees or students by name or other identifying information, whether by direct or indirect reference.
The District will not edit comments to remove objectionable content. Rather, the District will simply delete the objectionable comment in its entirety. Accordingly, please ensure that your comments contain none of the above.
Please note that any opinions or viewpoints submitted by community members do not reflect the opinions or viewpoints of the District.
Please also note that content posted on Facebook pages or other social media maintained by the District may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Missouri Sunshine Act.
In the event a comment is removed, the poster may contact firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of the guidelines for determining objectionable content. The District also may block users who violate these guidelines at the District’s sole discretion. Removal of a post and/or blocking users will not be conditioned upon notice to the poster or user, whether such notice is given prior to or after such action is taken by the District.
Questions you post for Adair County R-II School District, or its schools or staff, may not be answered here. If you have a question for us, please contact 660.323.5272or email@example.com